Join a travel startup on a mission to change how we travel. Apply to one of our available positions today.
Viewbound is a travel app turning top travel content into a useful travel guide with the aim to help travelers find their next destination or find a fresh perspective of a familiar place. Our goal is simple but ambitious: we want to create the world’s best experience for travel inspiration.
The founding team has years of experience building products for companies like Spotify, Google and KRY. We’re now looking for a full-time hire to take ownership of the development of our apps available on App Store and Google Play.
What you’ll do
- Work with the team to build features across the entire tech stack -mobile apps and backend currently built in React Native and Django
- Contribute to all stages in the product life cycle: design, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance
- Take technical ownership of the app including system reliability, security and performance
- Operate our systems on Google Cloud
- Make architectural decisions to ensure scalability of the product
- Join an exciting startup journey and shape the future of Viewbound
Who you are
- You are proficient in React Native and NodeJS, as well as Python and Django
- You might also have experience working with Google Cloud
- You have previous experience working as an engineer in a product development team
- You are familiar with development tools and concepts such as Git and test-driven development
- You know the balance between perfect and done - you ship high quality code, but care more about solving user problems than creating perfect solutions
- You are curious and don’t mind picking up new technologies, as we believe our tech stack will evolve over time
- You have a highly collaborative work style with clear and transparent decision-making
- You are a self-starter with the ability to work independently
- You have an eye for great UI
- You are passionate about travel and building world-class consumer products
What we offer
The position is full-time and mainly remote. We do however appreciate if you are situated in Stockholm to meet in the office once a week.
How to apply
We review applications continuously as we receive them - please apply now if you are interested in the role by sending your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.